Can python-cherrypy be removed from needsign queue and how to handle incompatible package upgrades

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Tue Nov 1 17:05:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 17:38 +0100, Oliver Andrich wrote:

> as people using 2.0 are not forced to upgrade, I think it is perfectly
> okay to just use the normal method. I think, that all these issues
> with different versions of python libraries can only be dealt with
> sucessfully, when more people are using easy_install from Phillip J.
> Eby. And if this is the case, I think these issues are resolved
> easily.

And when they want to upgrade from FC4 to FC5?  There would need to be a
python-cherrypy20 package on FC5 to allow them not to upgrade.

But this is a bit tangential of me as we want them to upgrade.  The
question is how easy we want to make the transition.  If there are any
large installations of cherrypy on Fedora (a web hosting site in my
example) they need to be able to parallel install cherrypy-2.0 and 2.1
to give users a chance to upgrade their sites before removing
cherrypy-2.0 altogether.

-Toshio