buildsys: noone provides XFree86-devel anymore?

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Nov 3 17:22:48 UTC 2005

Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
> I have received the following result when build for devel branch:
>
>> install  'gtk2-devel' 'gettext' 'desktop-file-utils'
>> Error: Missing Dependency: XFree86-devel is needed by package gtk2-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: XFree86-devel >= 4.2.99 is needed by
>> package pango-devel
>>
> It looks like gtk2-devel, pango-devel etc. still need XFree86-devel, but
> xorg-x11-devel no more provides it...
>
> Dmitry Butskoy

* sam oct 29 2005 Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com> 6.8.2-58
- Remove virtual provide "XFree86-devel" backward compatibility.  All
  packages that depended on this should now be updated to use the
modular
  X library virtual provides included in build -56 and later.

* sam oct 29 2005 Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com> 6.8.2-57
- Re-enable s390x arch

* mer oct 26 2005 Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com> 6.8.2-56
- Added "Provides: lib*-devel" virtual provides to 'devel' subpackage,
so
  that packages updated tp build in the modular tree will still build in
the
  monolithic tree as well.

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222