Sugg: Improve for mock (caching)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 00:36:37 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 15:15 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> you think async downloads will actually be all that much of an
> improvement? As a test setup entirely local-disk repositories and run a
> chroot install, compare that to a fast network and see where the
> bottlenecks are.

FWIW, when looking at things for pup a few weeks ago, I noticed that
ensuring the repomd is "current" is the most lengthy part of the process
and that it doesn't get worse enabling more network repos.  It does get
faster if you only have local repos but that's to be expected since you
don't have to do any DNS lookups or connection setups.  Or at least,
that's my recollection at this point

Jeremy