Zope packages in Extras

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Mon Nov 7 10:23:14 UTC 2005

Hi *,

I'm maintaining the Zope and Plone packages in Extras. I'm not using them
professionnaly anymore, and I'm not following Zope news as closely as I did
before. I don't want to orphan them since I'm still interested in them, but
I'm looking for zope-litterate people to co-maintain those packages with
me.

Zope is kind of tricky as regards to versions, and Plone is even more picky.
Plone usually requires a specific version of Zope (not the last one of
course), and both packages require specific versions of python...

With Zope3 around the corner, we'll have to roll out a separate package,
since it's not compatible. And if we wanted to do as upstream recommands,
we would have to use our own python 2.3 packages, since the latest Zope is
unsupported on python 2.4. That's a lot of work for me alone.

I've already made mistakes updating these packages in the past, see bugs
160971, 162652 and 171681 for examples, so if there are people interested
in co-maintaining zope and plone with me in extras, you're welcome. If
nobody steps forward, I'll continue as now, and be extra careful when
updating.

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
Recursion: (n.)  See "Recursion".