libgoffice spec file

Michael D. Wise micwise at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 8 13:00:10 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 13:02 -0800, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 09:49 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>

> > libgoffice in extras-devel would be great I want to upgrade gnumeric to
> > 1.6.x and that needs libgoffice. If you mail me the SRPM (provided it
> > has a reasonable size, say no more then 5 MB) the I can put it up
> > somewhere, in the mean time could you open a bugzilla ticket for the
> > review of this, cut and paste Michael A. Peters reaction and put me in
> > the CC, then I'll add an url for the SRPM.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> >
> > Hans
> >

> I might be wrong about this - but I seem to remember building libgoffice
> while playing with something - I think criawips (a not quite ready gnome
> presentation software project).
>
> I seem to remember that it will optionally build against cairo, which is
> in rawhide core but not in fc4 - so it *might* be necessary to either
> add cairo to extras as well, or maintain different spec files for fc4
> and fc5/devel.
>
> I might be wrong about that - it might have been something else. But I
> think it was goffice (are goffice and libgoffice the same thing? maybe
> I'm mis-remembering the name)
>
> I'll look up more info on that.
I've seen it both referred to as goffice and libgoffice.  Debian
packages it as libgoffice.  From my understanding compiling in cairo
support is not recommended right now and it compiles fine without it.
Plus it won't compile on FC4 anyways - libgsf is too old.  Even the new
version of libgoffice (0.1.0) won't compile on FC devel because of the
version of libgsf.

I hope to make those changes you suggested and get the buzilla ticket
open tonight after work.  Hans has been gracious enough to offet to host
the two files for me.

Michael

believed to be clean.