Kodos (Artwork copyright question)

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 12 03:02:03 UTC 2005

I'm currently packaging Kodos visual regex debugger[1] to submit to
Extras, but in the process I've discovered that it includes and uses the
graphic[2] that is, what looks like, a fanwork rendition of a minor
Simpsons character[3]. The images don't serve any useful purpose in the
program itself, but I still wanted to know what esteemed collegues think
about their inclusion in something provided in Extras. Since it's an
imitation rendition, I didn't think it'd be a problem, but I'm not an
expert in these matters.

[1] http://kodos.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://kodos.sourceforge.net/help/kodos.html
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional_characters_within_The_Simpsons#Kang_and_Kodos