Replies to cvs-commits on fedora-extras-commits-list at redhat.com to this list from now on

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 12:09:29 UTC 2005

Warren Togami wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>

>> All in all, a truely bad move, of whom ever is responsible for this
>> decision.
>

> This was an unanimous decision of the Fedora Extras Steering committee.
>  We can discuss it again at the next FESCO meeting although I don't
> think the decision will be any different then.

Hmm, OTOH making the list read-only makes it far more difficult to
auto-CC mail about a certain package to package owners.  I think FESCO
needs to discuss redoing the entire list concept, perhaps to something
like a per-package mailing list maintained by the database where package
owners are automatically mailed by changes made to those packages, and
anybody else can add themselves CC to any package.  I believe Debian
does something like this?  I dunno, need to research.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com