How to move package from extras to core ?

Ankit Patel ankit644 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 05:02:46 UTC 2005

Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote: Ankit Patel wrote:

> I am the owner of the system-config-control package. And now this
> package is in fedora extras-devel branch. As it is control panel
> (control-center) kind of utility i feel it should be in the fedora core
> packages.

It's not your call to make.  If an Extra's package becomes
useful/popular enough, then it has a good chance of being moved to Core.
  Give it some time.

-- Rex
I think almost 90% of people are satisfied with the default installation of Fedora core. Nobody wants to try new stuffs. So, it's good to provide them directly, then only they realize the importance of the application. That's the only reason i want it to move from extras to core.

 Thank You!
 Ankit Patel