kdemultimedia-extras/kdemultimedia-nonfree

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Nov 23 18:41:52 UTC 2005

In the spirit of the current kdemultimedia-extras pkg available from
rpm.livna.org, I'm beginning work on a similar beast for kde-3.5/fc5,
except this time we've got 2 subpkgs:
(1) free/distributable bits (to be available from Fedora Extras, using
dependancies already available in FE), including akode_arts_plugin
(akode), juk (libtunepimp), kfile-plugins: flac, mpc, mp3 (taglib),
(2) nonfree bits (ie, like the existing kdemultimedia-extras from
livna), including akode_arts_plugin extra bits (akode-extras), krec mp3
export (lame), mpeglib_artsplugin, xine_artsplugin (xine-lib)

The primary question on my mind right now is naming.  I'm leaning toward
naming (1) kdemultimedia-extras and (2) kdemultimedia-nonfree.  I know
this makes the proposed FE package overlap/obsolete the existing livna
pkg, but I think this is the safest road to follow.

Opinions?

-- Rex