[SECURITY] Macromedia Flash: flash-plugin-7.0.61-1

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Tue Nov 29 02:00:46 UTC 2005

Quoting "Michael A. Peters" <mpeters at mac.com>:

> Which is interesting - since Sun ships x86_64 boxes

It's worse. Blackdown Java folks
(http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/java-linux-contact.html) actually
compiled the plugin in some of their versions, but those are not always
up to date and the plugin is not very stable. This looks nice:

-------------------
[person at box mozilla]$ file libjavaplugin_oji.so libjavaplugin_oji.so:
ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), stripped
-------------------

So, it's not that it is impossible to compile this thing. All that is
required is more testing to make it more stable. And the only way to
test is to ship. But Sun won't do that. What are they waiting for? Who
knows...

I had a few encounters with Sun Java support engineers (in the days I
used Java as a programming language for web apps) and my experience was
that no amount of valid points was ever sufficient to make those people
fix _any_ bugs. This one has been sitting there for almost _3_ years!

--
Bojan