rpms/git-core/devel .cvsignore, 1.10, 1.11 git-core.spec, 1.9, 1.10 sources, 1.10, 1.11

Chris Wright chrisw at osdl.org
Tue Nov 1 07:30:31 UTC 2005

* Ralf Corsepius (rc040203 at freenet.de) wrote:
> Here, the "BR: libz >= 1.2" is a "necessary condition" (in the
> mathematical sense) to force users (or the buildsystem) to use a
> sufficient zlib. Whether or not the sources support "graceful degrating"
> to other internal underneath, isn't of any importance.

Problem is BR zlib >= 1.2 is completely irrelevant when installing a
package, simply because implicit dependency on libz.so.1 is inaccurate.

Since this shouldn't be an issue for FC/FE users, I can just drop that
bit from upstream.  It's there only because somebody hit it, complained,
and sent a patch.

thanks,
-chris