Can python-cherrypy be removed from needsign queue and how to handle incompatible package upgrades

Oliver Andrich oliver.andrich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:38:02 UTC 2005

Hi Gijs,

2005/11/1, Gijs Hollestelle <gijs at gewis.nl>:

> Hi all,
>
> Can someone that has the proper priviledges on the build system remove
> python-cherrypy from the needsign queue? I tried to kill the build
> using plague-client kill but this did not work for some reason.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on how to handle this package upgrade to
> 2.1: it is an upgrade in functionality compared to 2.0 and contains a
> number of bugfixes but it is incompatible with the previous release.
> Toshio suggested creating a new package cherrypy20 for the old version
> but I think this might be overkill because I think that anyone who is
> using cherrypy will upgrade to 2.1 anyhow. Is there a general policy
> for this kind of thing?

as people using 2.0 are not forced to upgrade, I think it is perfectly okay
to just use the normal method. I think, that all these issues with different
versions of python libraries can only be dealt with sucessfully, when more
people are using easy_install from Phillip J. Eby. And if this is the case,
I think these issues are resolved easily.

Best regards,
Oliver
--
Oliver Andrich <oliver.andrich at gmail.com> --- http://roughbook.de/