rpms/tetex-font-cm-lgc/devel tetex-font-cm-lgc.spec,1.7,1.8

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Nov 2 15:39:23 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

> I think the full command path should be used everywhere.

I disagree.  All I see is mostly specfile bloat.

Disadvantage of full path(s):
* What if a command ever gets moved to a different location (but is
still in the default path)?

The only argument I've seen (so far) raised in favor of full paths:
*  Maliciously named programs in path.  If this is the case, end-user
has bigger problems, IMO, outside the scope of rpm packaging
guildelines.  Now, if the package in question is a security-related one,
then, by all means, be paranoid and use full paths, just don't impose
that "guideline" on everyone.