Sugg: Improve for mock (caching)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:57:18 UTC 2005

On 11/3/05, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> My concern is that we're fixing the wrong component. We should be in a
> place where a chroot build is lightining fast.

Was the original poster thinking of mock as "piece of official buildhost system"
or was he thinking "man the lack of caching whem im using mock on my
local workstation to do package building and reviewing really slow
things down and is causing me to drink way too much coffee while I'm
idling"

Typing as a parttime reviewer/package submitter  the cache certaintly
seems like it could have marginal utility for how i (ab)use mock and
my residential band. But a local mirror with about a weeks worth of
rawhide on it would have much more utility and would require no effort
beyond my own.  For anyone using mock on a regular basis to review or
prep submissions making room locally for a mirror of the development
tree would seem like best benefit to effort ratio.

-jef