Sugg: Improve for mock (caching)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 00:34:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 15:02 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> If its not then we need to start checking out where the bottlenecks are.
> If the ONLY thing that's making the chroot builds go slowly is the
> network performance - meaning if we removed that problem everything
> would be amazingly fast then we'd be better off not caching but having a
> local mirror on the builder nodes.

And we all but have this, realistically.  The builders have the netapp
which backs download.fedora mounted read-only for the main Core and
Extras pieces.  The only things the network is used for are:
a) Access to the buildgroups file.  We could move this to be local as
well at this point if we think it's not really changing often
b) Access to the needsign queue (caching won't help here since these
have basically "just changed")
c) Pushing the actual packages back and forth over the network.

Jeremy