Mono, not in fedora / extra's yet?

Chris Chabot chabotc at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 15 15:12:39 UTC 2005

Hey guys,

Has there ever been a discussion about including Mono and its related
tools in fedora extra's?

Novell has some fedora&rh packages, though they do not function on FC5,
and aren't a part of fedora-*, nor are the src.rpm's available.
Novell's packages for rh/suse/fedora can be found here:
http://www.mono-project.com/Downloads

Would it be an idea to create packages for fedora-extras for mono and
related packages? I'd be happy to volunteer if so

This would allow us to use some wonderful tools out there like F-Spot (
http://www.gnome.org/projects/f-spot/ ) and Beagle (
http://www.beagle-project.org/Main_Page )

I'd love to get some feedback before i go packaging crazy

    -- Chris Chabot