x86_64 arch

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Nov 16 06:12:11 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag, den 15.11.2005, 21:33 -0800 schrieb Michael A. Peters:
> On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 21:31 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Eric Tanguy wrote:
> > > I have a package (ircd-hybrid) which make errors compiling on x86_64 (at
> > > least). I put the information upstream but i still have no answer could
> > > i add ExcludeArch: x86_64 to go ahead ?
> >
> > IMO, that's acceptable.

It is acceptable if you at least tried to fix it or asked for help on
this list if you have no access to x64 -- if no one steps up to help go
ahead.

> You can do that, but file a bug report - and not the bug # in a comment
> under the exclude arch.

That is required. See:
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageReviewGuidelines

Quoting:

MUST: If the package does not successfully compile, build or work on an
architecture, then those architectures should be listed in the spec in
ExcludeArch. Each architecture listed in ExcludeArch needs to have a bug
filed in bugzilla, describing the reason that the package does not
compile/build/work on that architecture. The bug number should then be
placed in a comment, next to the corresponding ExcludeArch line. New
packages will not have bugzilla entries during the review process, so
they should put this description in the comment until the package is
approved, then file the bugzilla entry, and replace the long explanation
with the bug number.

CU
thl