Buildsys problems ?

Eric Tanguy eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Thu Nov 17 21:42:17 UTC 2005

Le jeudi 17 novembre 2005 à 15:57 -0500, Jeff Spaleta a écrit :
> On 11/17/05, Eric Tanguy <eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr> wrote:
> > I have 2 problems with the same package which now build fine in FC-4 :
> > In devel : it requires openssl-devel which seems broken ?
>
> what exactly seems broken about requiring openssl-devel in devel tree?
>
> openssl in rawhide has been updated to version 0.9.8a, that version
> change could very well be enough to require patching to any program
> that needs to link to openssl. There could have been an internal
> change to openssl upstream that will require ircd-hybrid to be
> patched.
You are right the log i gave was for the dos2unix problem. For
openssl-devel see
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-development-extras/1030-ircd-hybrid-7.1.3-8.fc5/x86_64/build.log
It seems that configure does not detect openssl-devel. I will alert the
ircd-hybrid devel team about this but if someone could have an idea for
a patch ...

> the buildlog reference you provide clearly shows the dos2unix
> problem..but I don't see anything in the log that gives me information
> about the openssl-devel problem you say exists.
Concerning the dos2unix problem, how could i solve it ? Is it a dos2unix
problem in FC3 ?
Thanks
Eric