broken xorg-x11-devel BuildRequires

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Nov 21 00:10:16 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 15:50 -0800, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> There's 57 packages that are broken.
> Some of them I suspect are no longer being maintained, but some of them
> are, and will not build in fc5 if a build request were made.

> Hopefully its useful

Hi Michael,

Yes, the above email is useful but it would be nice to go a step farther
and suggest likely fixes.  For instance, will some fraction of the above
packages be fixed if one simply substitutes:

  xorg-x11-proto-devel  for  xorg-x11-devel

Or is it more complicated than that?

Ed  (whos hoping to avoid having to setup a devel box just to
     test one package)

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307