Reentrant flex

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Mon Nov 21 22:21:50 UTC 2005

Quoting Linus Walleij <triad at df.lth.se>:

> Is it impossible to have the reentrant flex only exist in your own
> build tree?

This got me thinking and today I've built mod_spin _without_ flex of
any kind for the first time. It turns out that if one has "%option
noyywrap", which my scanner does, -lfl isn't required at all and the
scanner becomes self contained. And since I can always ship .c files
alongside .l files, it should be possible to build the package without
having flex present at all.

Thanks for making me think about this a bit more, it looks like it may
have solved the problem ;-)

--
Bojan