libshout, ices, and icecast for FE

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Nov 23 14:59:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 08:34 -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:

> repoquery on FC4 x86_64 doesn't yield anything requiring libshout,
> except libshout-devel, when looking at Core, Extras, livna, and (I'm
> told) freshrpms.  So I think it's moot.

OK.
I have no particular affection for libshout v1 either.
What I would suggest - submit the package that wants v2 - and file and
RFE bugzilla with libshout listing it as a blocker to your package.

This may sound a bit legalistic - but I would only want v2 in FC5
because it is possible users may have software compiled on their local
machines in fc3/4 that would break with an update (I know I do - but
it's not a problem for me, I can use v2 as well) and its not nice (imho)
to change a shared library version like that.

I'd file the RFE (if you haven't already) ASAP with libshout in devel
branch so that it gets done - even if your package isn't quite ready for
submission yet.