Taking over directfb maintainership

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Nov 25 17:09:39 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 00:44 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on directfb lately to fix bug 168343, and have gotten
> no response from the maintainet during all the time I've been reprorting
> / working on this ( > 2 monts).
>
> So now I would like to take over as directfb maintainer, esp. since it
> fits my MO (I already maintain svgalib and Glide3).
>
> My mean reason for wanting to take this over is to make it so that
> directfb comes activly maintained (again).

Hello,

That bug says you were going to rebuild it, which is fine by me.  It
doesn't mean it wasn't actively maintained - I'm not following FC5 atm
because I don't necessarily have time for it.  You could have at least
mailed me, no ?

For the record - I've been working on a .24 update, but there are
certain problems that I haven't been able to find a fix for yet.

> Whats the procedure for this?

I think mailing the person you want to replace would be a minimum ?

Thomas

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life
I know you'll be a star in someone else's sky
but why oh why oh why
why can't it be mine ?