repository breakage

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 18:18:40 UTC 2005

On 11/26/05, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> I'd say it is appropriate if livna wants to use the same script to warn
> their maintainers that packages are broken or deps or unclosed.

Sure livna or any other 3rd party can use repoquery or related script
to detect breakage after Extras packages go public.... but i don't
think there is an appropriate solution that give downstream repos a
heads up warning before Extras package go public. If livna runs a
periodic closure script it may reduce the amount of time lag but it
can't reduce it to zero simply because livna has to run closure
against the public packages just as any user would be doing.

-jef