repository breakage

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Nov 26 19:37:15 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 10:34 -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> yes, it's called repoclosure and we run it quite frequently. Michael
> Schwendt recently just sent a 'your pkg is broken' email to all of the
> packagers with a package in extras with an unresolved dep.

Yep, that's useful.

> I would love to make michael's script a daily occurrence if he'd agree.

I think daily would be a bit too often for devel, but ok for released
distro versions.

For example in the last such mail I got for devel, there were 5 broken
packages, none of which were really fixable at that moment mostly due to
flux in Rawhide and for one package because it was to be obsoleted by a
new FE submission entering the repo in a couple of days.