major libgda and libgnomedb upgrade notice

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Nov 28 11:47:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 12:15 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Afaik libgda and libgnomedb are not widely used, I'm trying to find out
> how widely used they are. I believe there is a way to query repodata
> instead of the local rpm database, I'll learn to use that on see what
> dependencies show up. I'll also take a look at abiword.

[mpeters at laptop ~]$ rpm --test -e libgnomedb
error: Failed dependencies:
        libgnomedb-2.so.4 is needed by (installed)
gnumeric-1.4.3-2.1.i386
        libgnomedb >= 1.0.4 is needed by (installed)
gnumeric-1.4.3-2.1.i386
        libgnomedb >= 1.0.4 is needed by (installed)
abiword-2.4.1-2.fc4.i386
[mpeters at laptop ~]$

It is used by a plugin in AbiWord - one that I believe allows it to talk
to gnumeric. It looks like the plugin doesn't link against it though -
so it may not even require a rebuild - but I'm not sure.

Looking at the list of installed plugins, I don't *see* it - so maybe it
is not currently building and needs a bug report :-/