[SECURITY] Macromedia Flash: flash-plugin-7.0.61-1

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 19:16:21 UTC 2005

http://macromedia.mplug.org/
Yeah, this isn't a Fedora package, however I know many Fedora users are
using the older version of this package so I figure it would be
appropriate to announce here.  You can optionally configure yum to point
to the repository for auto-upgrade in the future.

Macromedia Flash Player Update Notification
CVE-2005-2628

Name        : flash-plugin
Version     : 7.0.61
Release     : 1
Summary     : Flash Player for x86 Linux
Description :
Macromedia Flash Plugin 7.0.61

Update Information:

Updated Macromedia Flash Player packages that fix a security issue are
now available.

This update has been rated as having critical security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.

The flash-plugin package contains a Mozilla-compatible Macromedia Flash
Player browser plug-in.

A buffer overflow bug was discovered in the Macromedia Flash Player. It
may be possible to execute arbitrary code on a victim's machine if the
victim opens a malicious Macromedia Flash file. The Common
Vulnerabilities and Exposures project assigned the name CVE-2005-2628 to
this issue.

http://macromedia.mplug.org/
Users of Macromedia Flash Player should download the package from this
site, which contains version 7.0.61 and is not vulnerable to this issue.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com