how to find the no pic code?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Nov 29 22:44:51 UTC 2005

Hello,

While trying to build shared libraries for the cernlib, I have a
rpmlint error on 2 of the libraries: shlib-with-non-pic-code
(and not for all the other libs).

Looking at the rpmlint code, it seems to be because there is a TEXTREL
in the output of objdump --headers --private-headers -T (which is the
case).

The trouble is that in the build log I don't see a place where the -fPIC
is missing. Knowing which symbol in the library isn't relocatable
would help, and I tried to look at the library with nm but the only symbols
with type A are the same than for the other libraries.

How could I know what is causing trouble? I understand only vaguely
those issues of linking...

2 informations that may be worth are that I use g77 and not gfortran because
of missing intrinsics, and I don't use the rpm optflags.

--
Pat