fbsplash request

Theriel theriel at wp.pl
Sun Oct 9 10:00:27 UTC 2005

Hopefully it's the right place... if not -> please, tell me.

I would like to ask if it's possible to include fbsplash (or even whole
gensplash) in Fedora Extras the time the Fedora Core 5 will be released.
Taking graphical devices into consideration, the only possibility at the
moment is pure FrameBuffer, which doesn't provide too much when
"standing alone". Well known add-on is bootsplash.de but it isn't a good
choice for users of Fedora (according to one of the developers who said
"over my dead body" - because of the ).  In my opinion the best choice
would be fbsplash. Unfortunatelly, it's implementation isn't easy enough
and that's why I would like to get to know if there is any developer who
could prepare fbsplash for Fedora users... I asked about it on
rpm.livna.org but I was said:  "that stuff seems GPL/Free without any
patent issue, so you should push it to the Fedora Project".

Thank you for response
Theriel