fbsplash request

Theriel theriel at wp.pl
Sun Oct 9 18:05:22 UTC 2005

Michael A. Peters napisał(a):

> [cut]
>
>nvidia driver does not patch the kernel.
>
>Does this build and install for an existing kernel without replacing any
>drivers in existing kernel?

It's installed by patching the kernel and during configuration checking
the option "support for frame buffer....". I can't tell you more because
I don't know the architecture well. All I know can be found on
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash . It was provided as a rpm package
for Fedora some time ago but when I asked the developer, he said that
it's no longer. A few information about it can be found here:
http://home.arcor.de/helmut.schlattl/gensplash/ . Hopefully these links
will be helpful for you.

Theriel