make tag problem

Wart wart at kobold.org
Sun Oct 16 23:22:18 UTC 2005

I just updated the sources and spec file for tcllib.  Due to my own
ignorance, instead of running 'cvs commit', I ran 'cvs commit sources
tcllib.spec'.  Then I tried running 'make tag', but got an error because
.cvsignore hadn't been committed.  Ok, easy enough, I went ahead and did
a 'cvs commit .cvsignore'.  But now when I try to run 'make tag', I get
an error that the tag already exists.  Yet when I run 'make build' I get
an error that the spec file isn't tagged.

Can anyone help me fix this tagging problem?

[wart at owl devel]$ make build
tcllib.spec not tagged with tag tcllib-1_8-1_fc5
make: *** [build] Error 1

[wart at owl devel]$ make tag
cvs tag  -c tcllib-1_8-1_fc5
For more information on using the Fedora CVS repositories, please visit
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UsingCvs
? tcllib-1.7.tar.bz2
ERROR: Tag tcllib-1_8-1_fc5 has been already created.
The following tags have been created so far
tcllib-1_7-2:devel:wart:1120847978
tcllib-1_7-3_fc5:devel:wart:1128308939
tcllib-1_7-3_fc3:FC-3:wart:1128355743
tcllib-1_7-3_fc4:FC-4:wart:1128355770
tcllib-1_7-3_fc2:FC-2:wart:1128544609
tcllib-1_8-1_fc5:devel:wart:1129504487
cvs tag: Pre-tag check failed
cvs [tag aborted]: correct the above errors first!
make: *** [tag] Error 1

--Mike