Build Error (Job 47 & 48)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 18:35:05 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 13:50 -0400, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2005, at 9:16 AM, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> Hmm, guess it was just a temporary thing.  I just did a 'make build'
> for the devel package, and it built just fine this time (no changes
> from previously).  FC4 package is building now, and seems to be
> building fine so far.

I took a look, and the only thing I can think of is that the mock build
subprocess took too long to write out its status file.  If it takes more
than 10 seconds or so to start up, the build system will kill the job on
purpose.  The logs indicate that the job _was_ killed, hence my
suspicion.

I guess this could happen under heavy load, perhaps I should increase
the timeout.  I'd like to see if this sort of thing happens more
frequently before doing that though.

Dan