Build errors while attempting to build Mozilla Sunbird

John Mahowald jpmahowald at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 20:12:08 UTC 2005

I'm attempting to build Sunbird, Mozilla's standalone calendar.

With the Firefox package's mozconfig and patches, I got the build to
start (FC4, i386), but it failed with this error:

nsFontMetricsPS.h:344: error: 'FTC_Image_Desc' does not name a type
nsFontMetricsPS.h:347: error: 'FTC_Image_Cache' does not name a type
nsFontMetricsPS.h:481: error: 'FTC_Image_Desc' does not name a type
gmake[5]: *** [nsDeviceContextPS.o] Error 1

Full rpmbuild log is here:
http://personal.stthomas.edu/jpmahowald1/fedora/sunbird.txt

Any hints as to what component or patches I could start with would be
appreciated.