Doc question

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Mon Oct 31 22:19:31 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 19:13 +0100, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> I'm trying to package the doc for drgeo. drgeo is already a package
> available in extras. This package looks for the html doc
> in /usr/share/drgeo/help/. Can i package the doc to this place or need i
> to patch the drgeo package to look for doc
> in /usr/share/doc/drgeo-doc-1.6/ knowing that there is
> already /usr/share/doc/drgeo-1.1.0/ containig :
> AUTHORS  ChangeLog  COPYING  NEWS  README  TODO.
> Thanks

It sounds like the documentation is needed for in-program help
functionality.  As such, it should not go in /usr/share/doc.

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageReviewGuidelines
- MUST: If a package includes something as %doc, it must not affect the
runtime of the application. To summarize: If it is in %doc, the program
must run properly if it is not present.

So you're okay leaving it in /usr/share/drgeo/help/

-Toshio