wine progress?

David Cary Hart fedora at tqmcube.com
Sat Oct 1 14:29:55 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 13:02 +0200, Andreas Bierfert wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 11:33:35 +0100
> "Paul F. Johnson" <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> > IIRC, I contacted the chap who was maintaining it for FC who put me in
> > touch with someone else who said they'd be taking it up. I can't recall
> > seeing much past that.
>
> So would I be stepping on anybodys toes  if I take it over? Just a shame
> something like wine is not in fc/fe... help and comments of course are always
> welcome.

At the risk of straying OT;

IMO, the problem with wine is that it inexplicably deteriorates more
with each new build. For example, the 20050111 version works splendidly
with wine-tools for a flawless IE6/WMP installation while anything newer
barfs - badly. Indeed, IIRC, CrossoverOffice is built on a year old
version of wine and Sidenet requires a vintage version as well.

I'm sure that there must be a better forum to move this discussion to.
The point is, why maintain wine for extras when the most current version
doesn't seem to do very much?
--
Tired of spam? Do YOUR part: http://www.BoulderPledge.org
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm