Hypothetical php-extras srpm: what to include

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Wed Oct 5 15:00:18 UTC 2005

There is a lot of disabled modules in the current FC's PHP. They exist
in the source, but are not built. Some of them seems to be good
candidates to be included into FE.

I've tried to make a list of the switched off php modules (againts FC3 &
php-4.3.11 only):

1)  Not require extra stuff:
dbase
hyperwave
pcntl
sysvmsg

2)  Depend on Fedora Core packages:
crack       (cracklib)
cyrus      (cyrus-imapd,cyrus-sasl2)
fribidi      (fribidi)
qtdom      (qt)
readline      (readline)
recode      (recode)

3)  Depend on Fedora Extras packages:
mcrypt      (libmcrypt)
mhash      (mhash)
zip         (zziplib)

4)  Depend on something currently missed in Fedora:
cpdf
fdf
hwapi
interbase
ircg
mcal
mcve
ming
mnogosearch
msql
pdf
swf
xslt
yaz

5)  The same as 4), but also known to be depended on commercial stuff:
fbsql
filepro
informix
ingres_ii
msession
notes
oci8
oracle
ovrimos
pfpro
sybase
sybase_ct

6)  Miscellaneous:
java
mssql      (freetds, but it has legal issues).

Initially, I wanted to make php-mcrypt and php-mhash packages only. But
as they have common (identical) php's  tar.gz in the source, it has led
to idea to have one common SRPM (named "php-extras"), with an
appropriate number of binary subpackages ("php-mcrypt", "php-mhash",
etc.). And so, it would be useful to build another subpackages the same
way (additionally to mcrypt/mhash in my case).

What additional modules are reasonable to be included into FE such a
way? (see the list above).

Dmitry Butskoy