rpms/libsigsegv/FC-4 .cvsignore, 1.2, 1.3 libsigsegv.spec, 1.5, 1.6 sources, 1.2, 1.3

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Oct 7 17:44:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 07:53 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 16:34 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > >
> > > It's not superfluous for those of us interested in making packages that
> > > build on older fc/rh releases.  (-:
> > This is FE, currently addressing FC3, FC4 and rawhide, older RHs are
> > irrelevant.
>
> But Fedora Legacy can base off the same spec.  And a package maintainer
> may be building privately for older machines as well.

We are not talking about "old", we are talking about "ancient",
"outdated", "obsolete" and SW archeology", cf.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-July/msg00073.html

In a nutshell: The "|| :" is superfluous on anything newer than vanilla
RH-7.3 - If you want to get rid of it, once and for all times in
"legacy" add a newer rpm to legacy. I guess, most people already did
this by themselves.

>  Something which
> is "superfluous" for FC-not-EOL but does no harm _and_ the package
> maintainer is willing to support shouldn't be a bg issue.

It's called "code rot" or "pollution" at other places. If a legacy
maintainer really wants to support obsolete distros or foreign distros,
he can add where required in CVS, and doesn't have to "pollute"
"distro-upstream".

Ralf