Dependency graph (WAS Re: rpms/libsigsegvlibsigsegv.spec etc)

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Sun Oct 9 16:40:34 UTC 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Rex Dieter wrote:

> Now, if it turns out this change *does* cause
> problems with another FE package,
> 1.  I'd consider reverting the change, but I'd prefer that:
> 2.  The now-broken package be rebuilt against the newer (IMO fixed/better)
> libsigsegv.

This raises an issue I wanted to know for some time. Given package "foo"
can you somehow generate a dependency tree across all known (to yum e.g.)
repositories or atleaste core, updates and extras?

E.g. This package use "bar", "fnord" and is used by "baz", "flerp" with
the possibility of traversing the graph even deeper?

Linus