Package submission process

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 21:33:45 UTC 2005

On 10/14/05, Robert Marcano <robert at marcanoonline.com> wrote:
> It looks than Ian just do not want to do the CVS job, the maintenance of
> the RPM in the repository, take care of the compatibility with each
> Fedora release. Maybe a Wiki page can be created where people can
> register the location of the RPMs they have created in order to give
> some help to people looking for something to package and mantain.

Ian is perfectly capable of posting a url location to this list to see
if anyone can use those packages as starting points for maintainership
in Extras. If the packages aren't going to be maintained...i don't see
the point of cateloging them on a wikipage where they will just form a
stale list that never gets cleaned up.  I wikipage list will also just
encourage people to easily find and use the "unmaintained" packages.

-jef