x86_64 build

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Oct 18 07:14:46 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 08:00 +0200, Eric TANGUY wrote:

> Thanks Ralf, you're right. This package have not been tested i86_64. I
> don't have one! I'm new in packaging and i would like to apologize but i'm
> not sure to understand : "indicates that your package does not acknowledge
> RPM_OPT_FLAGS".
> Eric

There are some flags that Fedora wants passed to the compiler when the
package is built.

usually these are set automatically, by the %configure macro - which
exports them as environmental variables.

The makefile apparently ignores them.
You may need to patch the Makefile.in to honor the CFLAGS and/or
CXXFLAGS environmental variables. I'm not positive, but I believe some
packages want them passed as configure options and not set by
environmental variables, so perhaps that all you need to do.