Help with building packages on non-i386 architectures

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Oct 21 05:18:43 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 20.10.2005, 20:55 +0000 schrieb Gérard Milmeister:
> Most people (me included) here submitting and maintaining packages
> only have access to one architecture to test on, usually i386.
> Therefore, even if a package finishes building on other architecture,
> there is often no-one to make minimal tests, and thus possibly
> broken packages make into the repositories.
> More often however, packages don't build at all on ppc or x86_64,
> and it is difficult to find out what to do about, since one has
> no expertise on these architectures. The last solution is often
> to simple ExcludeArch in the spec file.
> One way to improve this situation is to have group of people having
> experience with ppc and x86_64, that can be consulted when a package
> fails to build, and the cause is not clear.

We had such a page in the wiki. See "Architecture Managers" on
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/x86_64Status?action=recall&rev=13

But I removed it cause there seem to be no interest
- by other x86_64-owners
- by fedora-extras packagers

Feel free to put that stuff online again. But simply asking here on
fedora-extras-list and/or on #fedora-extras should work in most cases,
too.

CU
thl