Wine in extras

Andreas Bierfert andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de
Fri Oct 21 06:53:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:06:50 +0100
Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has there been any definitive movement into having Wine in FE? From
> memory, I volunteered to do the build etc, but the FC maintainer on the
> Wine group said he was going to do it.
>
> Since then nothing has happened.

Seems like it...

Since I started the last thread about this maybe I should comment on this:

I have build a preliminary package with the newest wine cvs snapshot (based on
the winehq spec). Rudolf Kastl and I were collaborating on how to improve this
and make it actually usable for FE since he has good upstream contact. He was
waiting for a new Inet connection and new that this should be done work should
actually get visible to the outside world.
For a quick ref srpm/spec can be found here:

http://fedora.lowlatency.de/review/wine-20050930-1.src.rpm
http://fedora.lowlatency.de/review/wine.spec

- Andreas
--