Applications that need unreleased libraries

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Sun Oct 23 15:27:32 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 13:39 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 00:15:46 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
> > A new gnotime[1]_ has been released that unfortunately depends on a
> > version of the qof library which has been marked by the maintainers as a
> > development release, not intended for packaging.[2]_
>
> _Not_ intended for packaging, and both source releases made by
> the same maintainer. Enough said, IMHO.

Actually, I read this the opposite way -- I develop a library and an
application that uses its functionality.  I therefore know what's
changing and unstable in the library and what is mature and should work.
I know whether my application uses the unstable portion or the stable
portion and base decisions about whether the application is stable or
unstable based upon it.

I'd have more doubts if the projects weren't so incestuous.

All moot though, as I've received a message that the new qof is due out
this weekend (it being Sunday, I suppose today.)

-Toshio