rpms/gnumeric/FC-4 gnumeric.spec,1.3,1.4

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Oct 24 08:53:03 UTC 2005

Le lundi 24 octobre 2005 à 01:30 +0200, Michael Schwendt a écrit :
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:40:50 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>
> > Le dimanche 23 octobre 2005 à 20:49 +0200, Hans de Goede a écrit :
> > >  Also the "This also makes file/path based
> > > dependencies impossible, since for any package which would want to
> > > "Requires: /usr/share/mc" a dep resolver would run into an ambiguity."
> > > Argument made by Michael is IMHO a pure theoretical and thus not valid
> > > argument, why would a package ever want todo a thing like "Requires:
> > > /usr/share/mc"?
> >
> > Indeed. If one really wanted to require mc without specifying any
> > package name, /usr/bin/mc would be the thing to ask for.
>
> No, indeed not. What you call a purely theoretical dependency is "one
> package requiring the root directory of something else". No more, no
> less.

Then have gnumeric require this dir. I don't care.

What you can't do is:
1. state this dir may be required by packages that need to stuff things
inside
2. ergo, ownership can not be shared
3. but since in gnumeric case you find it too much hassle, do not
actually do 1. and keep 2.. But 2. is only a good rule if you do 1. If
you don't do 1., I don't see why other packages would, and so 2. has no
base at all.

--
Nicolas Mailhot