rpms/gnumeric/FC-4 gnumeric.spec,1.3,1.4

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Oct 24 13:52:00 UTC 2005

Le lundi 24 octobre 2005 à 15:39 +0200, Michael Schwendt a écrit :
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:04:25 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > > gnumeric not requiring mc _just works_. gnumeric requiring mc causes users
> > > to raise questions about dependency bloat. gnumeric owning a directory
> > > which belongs to a different package, is wrong.
> >
> > But *works*.
> > The problem with all your arguments is you mingle absolutes
> > "correctness", "wrong" with practical considerations "works", "bloat".
> > Choose your ground (ideal or practical) and stick to it. If you want to
> > push absolutes, you can't invoke practical considerations. If you accept
> > practicalities, you can't ignore them because of absolutes.
>
> Thread closed for me since you've reached a certain point where you're
> only trying to attack me personally.

I'm sorry if you take it this way. Cool down, read the thread again and
you'll see that's not the case. I only ask to be convinced like everyone
else there. The convincing part is up to you. I pointed out why I found
your arguments unconvincing, it's pretty sad if you find this kind of
disagreement offensive.

--
Nicolas Mailhot