Build System Questions

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Wed Oct 26 18:59:35 UTC 2005

Firstly, is the build system stuck again? It does not seem to have
changed state for a while again.

My more important question is regarding how it imports dependencies.
Yesterday I made some changes to octave and requested a build of
octave-2.1.71-15. I also made some changes to octave-forge, which will
fail due to a missing library if built in mock with
octave-devel-2.1.71-14 or older, and requested a build upon completion
of the octave build. I had thought that the build system pulls in
dependencies from its own unreleased builds if they exist, but that did
not appear to be the case because the octave-forge build pulled in
octave-devel-2.1.71-14 and failed. Is this the expected behavior of the
build system or not?

-Quentin