autoconf/automake in BuildRequires

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Mon Oct 31 17:10:54 UTC 2005

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>Any package requiring them is _broken_. Such bugs should be reported
>upstream and fixed there.
>

>If I were to decide, I would reject any package trying to run any
>autotool - Packagers should learn to use patches instead.
>
>Sorry, if this sounds hard, but here, I do have a very strong opinion.

I clearly remember some packages which have no any ready configure
script at all (probably to decrease tarball size). I.e., sometimes it is
an upstream's policy to ship only configure.{in|ac} .

I agree that it is bad way, but if the things are working, we should not
discriminate such packages...

Anyway, I've already understood why it has not been included in the
BR-exception list. :)

Dmitry Butskoy

Dmitry Butskoy