FUSE - Z80 ROM documentation

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 20:51:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

> You might be able to clarify the situation by contacting the upstream
> copyright holder (sinclair? amstrad?) and getting them to provide (in
> digital writing) permission to freely distribute the ROMS without any
> restriction.

Amstrad bought Sinclair lock, stock and barrel in 1986. The posting URL
I posted up was from one of the people from Amstrad and someone on
comp.sys.sinclair

> Even getting them just to say "We permit our ROMS to be freely
> distributed without restriction" will meet the FE guidelines.

Okay, we have three camps here.

1. Don't do it, naughty restrictions.
2. As long as Amstrad say do it, do it (Tom).
3. Go with it, I'm happy (Greg).

Can I have a clear, one voice as to what I have to do here. I don't have
a problem contacting Amstrad (though how quick they'll reply is another
matter!), but considering Greg has said he's happy, is there any milage
in doing it?

TTFN

Paul
(waiting on his lovely, cuddly packages to be reviewed)
--
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the
best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always