CVS tag problems

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Sep 5 01:05:04 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 19:57 -0500, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> I accidentally omitted to commit some new files to CVS before calling
> make tag; I can't just tag the left-out files because the tag already
> existed, and I cannot delete the existing tag..

Since it's clear from context that you're using %{?dist}, just bump from
1%{?dist} to 2%{?dist} in all the spec branches, add a whoops entry to
the changelog, then cvs commit, tag all branches, and move on. :)

> Also, when first importing an srpm to CVS, the name-version_fc4 tag is
> applied to the files in the development tree, so make tag on the FC-4
> branch would fail. Package building is not affected for some reason.

This only happens if you have a dist tag defined on the system where you
build the srpm. You don't want to do that, for the above reason.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!