applying a patch

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Mon Sep 5 21:55:33 UTC 2005

[ alredy sent to fedora-devel, i've been shot vecause i was off topic...]

Hi,

Hi use 2.6.12 kernel of FC4.
I'm not used with patches, I did not try to apply the patch by hand.

One of the kernel developpers has sent me a patch to diagnosys a problem
on a notebook on wich the BIOS is very poor (just a few settings
possible)

I would like to use the patch, but in a kernel src.rpm.

I know building simple rpms, but here, it seems to be a bit more
complicated.

I attached the patch.

I just
- copied the .patch file into /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES,
- added a #1305 patch (just after #1304) into the spec file
- applyied the #1305 (also just after #1304) into the specfile

the problem is:
$ rpmbuild -bp --target=i686 kernel-2.6.spec
[...]
Patch #1305 (8139too-napi-revert.patch):
+ patch -p1 -s
drivers/net/8139too.c.rej
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.34513 (%prep)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.34513 (%prep)

What did I do wrong?

--
Administration & Formation à l'administration
de serveurs dédiés: