About NewPackageProcess

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 15:38:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 19:28 +0400, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
> - Can I request additional branches later, i.e. sometime after the build
> for devel branch is successful?

Yep, you can request whenever you want.

> - Is it a good idea (after a package is accepted) to add some words
> about reviewer in %changelog section?

Generally not done.  If someone wants to find out, they can go back and
look in bugzilla.  If you want to give them credit, feel free, though.

See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/CVSSyncNeeded

> - Is there any policy for noticing upstream about appearance of their
> soft in Fedora Extra?

It's not unreasonable to do (so that they can point Fedora users to
Extras to get packaged versions), but it's not in any way required

Jeremy